1:72 SCALE US GATO CLASS RC SUBMARINE – READY TO RUN
WE BUILD THESE AS A SURFACE RUNNER SUBMARINE.
Many customers have expressed an interest in submarines, but want an affordable surface running option without the high cost/issues/maintenance of a diving submarine. As most RC Diving Submarines spend most of their time on the surface anyway, this model fills a gap in sub models for the enthusiast. Unless you OWN or have ACCESS to a LARGE SWIMMING POOL, MOST LAKES AND PONDS ARE NOT CLEAR. Once a DIVING version SUBMERGES, YOU CAN'T SEE THEM WITHOUT SOME WATER CLARITY. This model was weighted and balanced to set in the water similar to the original.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO!
The BOAT DOES NOT BOB AROUND LIKE A MODEL as it weighs about 9 pounds. The BOAT IS WATER TIGHT even though IT IS NOT A DIVING SUB MODEL. The battery connections and On/Off switch are located in the main access AFT hatch. These HATCH removes easily and is LOCATED UNDER THE REAR DECK PIECE.
THE REAR DECK SIMPLY SLIDES ON THEN IS SECURED WITH A FEW TWISTS OF ONE SCREW AS SHOWN.
THERE ARE TWO ADDITIONAL HATCHES (NOT SHOWN) FOR
ACCESS TO THE INTERIOR. YOU SHOULD NEVER, EVER NEED ACCESS TO THESE AREAS. HOWEVER, THESE TWO FIBERGLASS ADDITIONAL HATCHES ARE SILICONED IN AND CAN BE REMOVED IN 30 SECONDS WITH AN SMALL KNIFE. SIMPLY SILICONE THEM BACK IN.THE MAIN ACCESS HATCH WHERE THE ON/OFF SWITCH & BATTERY & BATTERY CONNECTION IS LOCATED FITS UNDERNEATH THE SUBS AFT DECK & IS WATER TIGHT. THE 3000MAH, NIMH, 7.2VOLT BATTERY CAN BE REMOVED EASILY IF NEEDED. ALL RC EQUIPMENT IS ALSO ACCESSIBLE IN THIS AREA (ESC, RECEIVER).
The sub has been EXTENSIVELY WEATHERED for a MORE REALISTIC APPEARANCE. BREAKABLE PARTS on the HULL and "FAIRWEATHER" (conning tower) have been INTENTIONALLY REMOVED for the USER TO HANDLE THE SUB WITHOUT FEAR OF BREAKING SOMETHING. The PLASTIC PORT and STARBOARD RAILING was REPLACED WITH BRASS RAILING. Further, HALF of the FAIRWEATHER RAILING IS METAL also.ALL GUNS on the boat have BEEN FIBERGLASSED for STRENGTH to include ALL PERISCOPES and ANTENNAE.The boat has bulkheads in the hull that have been fiberglassed in for strength. Further, all seams were fiberglassed and all ballast fiberglassed in along the full length of the hull. The Electronic Speed Controller (ESC), Receivers and Engines sit on horizontal supports above the bottom of the hull. This is a VERY, VERY STOUT SUB that was MADE FOR DURABILITY AND HAULING TO THE POND/LAKE AND BACK WITHOUT DAMAGE. NE HALF THE SUB WAS FILLED WITH STYROFOAM TO MAKE THE SUB "UNSINKABLE". The diving planes were fiberglassed in. The antennae length was DOUBLED (EXTENDING THE WAVE) for BETTER and LONGER RECEPTION. Parts alone that were used are over 550.00USD. So be aware of that when bidding or purchasing. That does not include the EXTENSIVE LABOR for this model (OVER 40 HOURS TO COMPLETE). READY TO RUN!! BOAT BATTERY CHARGER NOT INCLUDED!
THIS IS A CUSTOM BUILD. PLEASE ALLOW 6-8 WEEKS FOR THE BUILD TIMEFRAME. YOUR MODEL WILL SHIP UPON COMPLETION.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE GATO SUBMARINE:
- Length: 52 inches approximately
- Width (widest point): 4.5 inches
- Height (to top of periscope): 12 inches
- Weight: Nearly 9 pounds
- Railing: 90% brass/metal with 10%plastic
- Guns: Plastic and resin
- Engines: 385 electric (twin)
- Couplers: 1 per engine (Custom made by ShipsnThings)
- Props: Twin brass Raboesch props.
- Sub stand: Included
- Electronic speed controller (ESC): Tazer 15T
- Transmitter and receiver: Futaba 2 channel FM
- Battery: 7.2volt 3000MAH (removeable and replaceable thru aft hatch)
- On/off switch location: Inside accessible aft (rear) hatch
- Battery charging connections: Inside accessible aft rear hatch
- Transmitter control: Trigger gun type transmitter for rudder and engines. AA batteries - Not included
- Range: 200-400 feet depending on area and interference in area
- Boat battery: 3000mah, NIMH, 7.2volt with Tamiya connection
- Battery charger: NOT INCLUDED
- INCLUDES BOAT STAND
- SHIP HAS FULL MANUVERABILITY, LEFT/RIGHT/FORWARD/REVERSE.
BOAT IS CUSTOM BUILT. EXPECT 80 TO 90 DAYS FOR THE MODEL TO BE BUILT PRIOR TO SHIPPING.
QUESTIONS??? CONTACT US AT RCSCALEMODELS@YAHOO.COM